Find out if you’re eligible to get funding
Positive news for business owners in Queensland, as the government is looking to support small businesses that have been highly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The adaptation grant program aims to help businesses rebuild and sustain their operations post-crisis. Currently, the program’s focus is small, family-owned businesses.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- Help prepare for the safe resumption of operations post-crisis recovery
- Support operating costs
- Access to technologies to modernise business operations
- Seek out opportunities to sustain employment and nurture long-term professional growth
- Provide learning opportunities for staff and owners to adapt to new technologies and newer business models
- Successfully create and maintain employment
Who is eligible to apply for the grant?
To be eligible for the grant, your business must:
- Be highly affected by the current business shutdown and restrictions
- Have had their business experience a minimum of 30% decline over a 30-day period due to COVID-19
- Have a working staff fewer than 20 employees at the time of grant application(owner does not count)
- Have a valid and active Australian Business Number
- Be registered for GST
- Have their business situated in Queensland
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 financial year. Must provide financial records.
- Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
Take note that only 1 application per round will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business. Once application is successful you cannot apply for funding under round 2.
To find out if your business is eligible, use this eligibility tool.
What will be funded by the grant?
A minimum of $2,000 up to a maximum of $10,000 is available for successfully granted businesses.
This grant funding can be used on the following:
- Financial and legal aid
- Manage operational costs such as utilities, rent, insurance fees, etc.
- Financial counselling and business coaching for business development
- Reintroducing the business through advertising and marketing
- Digital and technological adaptation
- Training and learning programs
- Digital software and other equipment to help businesses adapt to an online structure
Try STAFFLINK’s learning platform
With the government providing funds for business owners to restart their operations, we here at STAFFLINK want to do our part in helping small businesses get back on their feet.
Our expansive library of training programs can help your staff adapt to the climate and become industry experts.
STAFFLINK is also offering its marketing services that includes social media marketing, SEO optimisation, web development and web design.
If you want to know more on how you can apply for a grant, click here for more information.